This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEWS effective August 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

NEWS effective August 1

Effective August 1
    EVERYONE coming in to Aruba must have a current (3 days or less) Covid test.
    Even those already fully vaccinated
    USA is considered a high risk country.
    Mandatory insurance reduced to $15 per person...children under 12 Free
    I am awaiting clarification as to if there will be testing at airport for arrivals
    From DIARIO Tur biahero for di Merca despues di 1 di augustus tin cu test atrobe pa Covid19
    Posted on 07/29/2021 6:24 pm AST | Updated on 07/29/2021 6:29 pm AST
    ORANJESTAD – Tur biahero for di Merca, incluyendo residentenan di Aruba, entrante 1 di augustus, tin cu test pa Covid19, no obstante e hecho cu ta completamente vacuna. Esaki ta pasobra Aruba entrante 1 di augustus lo categorisa Merca como pais di riesgo halto. Esaki tabata un di e medidanan anuncia diahuebs atardi durante un conferencia di prensa. E otro medida pero positivo ta cu e seguro cu ta mandatario pa tur bishitante, ta conoce reduccion den tarifa. Entrante 1 di augustus tur biahe pa Aruba, e tarifa pa adulto lo ta di 15 dollar pa persona. Pa mucha bou di 12 anja, e seguro ta bira gratis.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...or-travel#risk

We want to share an important update about your upcoming trip. To help ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and visitors, the Government of Aruba continually assesses the overall environment related to COVID-19 and modifies a variety of health and safety protocols, as appropriate. During the past month, some travelers were eligible to be exempt from the 72-hour testing requirement and enter the country with proof of vaccination (if they met eligibility requirements). However, out of an abundance of caution, Aruba is temporarily restricting that option for anyone entering from a high-risk country (listed below).
    So, effective August 1, 2021, if you are traveling to Aruba from a location listed on our website as high-risk, you will need to complete the 72-hour PCR testing requirement regardless of vaccination status. Please note that countries deemed high-risk are determined based on government health data and are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
    To learn more about entry requirements and 72-hour PCR testing protocols, please review our Traveler Health Requirements.
    SIDTM

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...g#your-options

the testing option is Aruba is no longer????

testing prior is needed???. https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...g#your-options
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-30-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow and I just got off the phone with Aruba tourism on the island and they told me they are not eliminating testing in Aruba. Maybe they are not in the know in that office?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the arrival testing option was removed from the aruba.com site

hmmmm?
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Testing at Airport option is not listed, until you choose United States from the "Select your Place of Residence" drop-down menu. Then Option 2 - "test at airport in Aruba" is available. Quite disappointing. I was hoping they would require negative test results BEFORE boarding the plane.

So I guess my question is - what really changed??? other than the fact that the very few people that could use the Smart Health card to prove vaccination can no longer do so, and must provide a negative test result.

Am I missing something??

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the arrival testing option was removed from the aruba.com site

hmmmm?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, I don't think you are missing much. 99.5 percent had to test before that were over 12...now its 100 percent over 12.

Quote Originally Posted by mlrhoxie View Post
    Testing at Airport option is not listed, until you choose United States from the "Select your Place of Residence" drop-down menu. Then Option 2 - "test at airport in Aruba" is available. Quite disappointing. I was hoping they would require negative test results BEFORE boarding the plane.

So I guess my question is - what really changed??? other than the fact that the very few people that could use the Smart Health card to prove vaccination can no longer do so, and must provide a negative test result.

Am I missing something??
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    although the ATA says EVERYONE must test prior to arrival, they are still going to continue airport testing

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Nope, I don't think you are missing much. 99.5 percent had to test before that were over 12...now its 100 percent over 12.
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yuck- makes zero sense but what do I know.

although the ATA says EVERYONE must test prior to arrival, they are still going to continue airport testing
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That just doesn't make any sense to me (and that's not what I'd really like to write).

0 0