This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not gaining weight during an Aruba trip

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

not gaining weight during an Aruba trip

Paul and I have been following weight watchers religiously now since the end of January.
    We are down a combined 45 lbs.

I have not given much thought to sticking to the WW way of eating while in Aruba.
    But, I am not going to sabotage us. I will try to stay within my daily points. I get 23 a day.
    All fruits and veggies, chicken breast and fish are 0 points.

After reading "Ideastowords" trip report and reading that she had a 10 lb gain now worries me.

Speaking for myself, not Paul.........I am going to try to ignore the wonderful pastries at SuperFood, will try to drink lite beer or vodka with diet lemonade to save on some calories, and will try to avoid fried food, beef and starchy carbs.

I will double up on my pool time (water jogging and water aerobics)

What do others do while in Aruba to not gain weight?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    They say stress causes you to gain weight, so don't stress about it. We walk a lot in Aruba and usually eat smaller meals especially during the daytime. We eat very healthy at home and kind of let go in Aruba, but it rarely leads to excessive weight gain for us. Superfood has a no sugar pink lemonade that is an excellent mixer.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Paul and I have been following weight watchers religiously now since the end of January.
    We are down a combined 45 lbs.

I have not given much thought to sticking to the WW way of eating while in Aruba.
    But, I am not going to sabotage us. I will try to stay within my daily points. I get 23 a day.
    All fruits and veggies, chicken breast and fish are 0 points.

After reading "Ideastowords" trip report and reading that she had a 10 lb gain now worries me.

Speaking for myself, not Paul.........I am going to try to ignore the wonderful pastries at SuperFood, will try to drink lite beer or vodka with diet lemonade to save on some calories, and will try to avoid fried food, beef and starchy carbs.

I will double up on my pool time (water jogging and water aerobics)

What do others do while in Aruba to not gain weight?
    Congrats for the weight loss! Sounds like you are on the blue plan. I’ve been on and off WW for 28+ years. Right now I can’t seem to stick to it and gained a lot in the past year - pandemic, losing my job etc. If you are mindful while in Aruba of what you eat and don’t deprive yourself you will be fine. It’s a vacation and you deserve it. Treat yourself but don’t go crazy. If I’ve learned anything on WW if you jump right back on the program when you return and give yourself a week before you weigh in you will be fine and will move on! Good luck!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you sticking to WW. I never really could stick to their plan. I finally gave up. I do keep track of calories on my Fitbit and that seems to work for me. I’ve kept 30 pounds off for the last 10+ years. That said, I really could stand to take off more. Aruba has so many temptations and great restaurants it’s just plain hard. Fortunately for me, I have less of an appetite in Aruba because it’s so hot. I eat what I want but smaller portions. Swimming and walking a lot seems to keep me in the range.

0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job on the weight loss! Tom and I have been on a health journey and we have lost a combined 89 pounds. I am just 3 pounds from my goal. I'm sure that we will put on a few pounds while we are in Aruba, but we'll work on that when we get back. I do plan to be careful with what I eat for breakfast and lunch, but I will indulge in frosty concoctions at happy hour and eat what I want for dinner. We are booking restaurants within 30 minutes walking distance and hope to walk off some of the calories.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Have you ever tried the 0 calorie Mio drink flavorings? We like vodka and water with a little of that flavor mixed in. Orange vanilla and some of the berry ones are our favorites. I know you can get them from Walmart and Amazon.

Fish should be an easy meal for you. The problem I always have in Aruba is that everything comes with French fries. And who am I to turn down French fries?
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly right! I have never been known to turn down a french fry. I have to run to Publix soon and I’ll pick up a mio drink flavoring. ThanksQUOTE=Traceyd14;375987]Congrats!

Have you ever tried the 0 calorie Mio drink flavorings? We like vodka and water with a little of that flavor mixed in. Orange vanilla and some of the berry ones are our favorites. I know you can get them from Walmart and Amazon.

Fish should be an easy meal for you. The problem I always have in Aruba is that everything comes with French fries. And who am I to turn down French fries?[/QUOTE]

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just after I read your posts, I saw these words of wisdom which seemed appropriate -

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information & wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated & happy. Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, ~Good Grief, look how smart I am~
    1 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Andrea & Paul on your weight loss!! I am looking forward to reading your trip reports
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you all for the kind words!

Hatteras and hubby KUDOS for your weight loss!

we keep plugging away and Hockemom, yes it is a wealth of knowledge with no where else to go but the bum!

0 1