This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passport Dilemma

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey I renewed mine earlier this year and it took about 6 weeks to get it back. Got the picture taken at Walgreen's and submitted the forms. Mine would have expired the day before we were scheduled to leave in April so I probably waited a bit too long. I think you'd be fine getting it done now, you have plenty of time.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Better to be on the side of caution. Take care of the renewal of your passports well in advance of your trip. You don't want to wait to renew till after your trip only to get denied when you are trying to go. Hopefully undergoing the renewal of passports in the U.S. is not as complicated as in T&T. In the U.S. you can go to the Post office to see about renewing your passport and you get it back in quick time. When I had to renew my passport i had to make an appointment, wait three months before said appointment, then wait eight to twelve weeks before I could get my new passport. Thankfully our new passports are now good for ten years instead of five years.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an update. We got our pictures back this weekend, but I decided not to send for renewal. There have been several posts on Facebook about this topic, including the one today where someone called and was no told no processing is happening right now. We have time, so I'm going to wait to see how the summer goes. We dont expire till after our trip so for now, I think waiting is better with so many unknowns.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ours expire in March. I am thinking that in mid December when we return from Aruba we will do it.
    I wonder if 3.5 months will be sufficient then?
    Or if I send it in now..........I wonder if I will get it by Nov?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Ours expire in March. I am thinking that in mid December when we return from Aruba we will do it.
    I wonder if 3.5 months will be sufficient then?
    Or if I send it in now..........I wonder if I will get it by Nov?
    Jon said he wants us to wait to July and see how its going.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

from Dept of State website.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...passports.html

COVID-19 Update: Know Before You Apply For A U.S. Passport

If you are thinking about applying for or renewing a U.S. passport now for international travel, please read the Department of State's current international travel advisory. Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have extremely limited U.S. passport operations.
    If you apply or renew now, you will experience significant delays of several months to receive your U.S. passport and the return of your citizenship evidence documents (such as birth certificates or naturalization certificates). Unless you have a life-or-death emergency, please wait until we resume normal operations to apply for or renew your passport.
    Learn more on our COVID-19 Update page and our Frequently Asked Questions page.
    Get My Passport Fast

COVID-19 Update: Know Before You Apply For A U.S. Passport

If you are thinking about applying for or renewing a U.S. passport now for international travel, please read the Department of State's current international travel advisory. Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have extremely limited U.S. passport operations.
    If you apply or renew now, you will experience significant delays of several months to receive your U.S. passport and the return of your citizenship evidence documents (such as birth certificates or naturalization certificates). Unless you have a life-or-death emergency, please wait until we resume normal operations to apply for or renew your passport.
    Learn more on our COVID-19 Update page and our Frequently Asked Questions page.
    Do you need to rush your passport? During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only processing applications for customers who need to travel internationally in the next 72 hours (3 days) due to a life-or-death emergency.
    What Service Should I Select

My Travel Date My Reason for Travel Service I Want My Processing Times Next Steps?
    Right now I have a life-or-death emergency Life-or-Death Emergency Service Within 72 hours See our "Life-or- Death Emergencies" page to learn if you are eligible.
    Less Than 3 Weeks: Please read the Department's current international travel advisory. I have urgent international travel plans. Expedited at an Agency or Center (suspended as of March 20, 2020) Suspended Please wait to apply until we resume normal operations and staff return to our facilities across the country.
    3-8 Weeks: Please read the Department's current international travel advisory. (No reason needed) Expedited (suspended as of March 20, 2020) Suspended Please wait to apply until we resume normal operations and staff return to our facilities across the country.
    More Than 8 Weeks: Please read the Department's current international travel advisory. (No reason needed) Routine (will be delayed as of March 20, 2020) Significant delays of several months Please wait to apply until we resume normal operations and staff return to our facilities across the country.
    2 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    does anyone know about global entry renewal, would that be the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    does anyone know about global entry renewal, would that be the same?
    This is copied from the cpb.gov website:
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection will extend the temporary closure of Trusted Traveler Program enrollment centers until at least June 1, 2020. CBP is taking this precautionary measure to minimize the exposure of CBP personnel and the public to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

The temporary closure applies to all public access Global Entry enrollment centers, NEXUS enrollment centers, SENTRI enrollment centers and FAST enrollment locations. Global Entry mobile enrollment events are also paused until further notice.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new concern with waiting till after our trip that I hadn't considered. American airlines has a policy that you passport must be valid for 6 months after your travel date. It is possible we could be denied boarding since ours will only have 1 month left on our passports. From what I'm reading it seems to be really hit or miss and depends on the gate agent. So, for now we will wait to see when the State Dept resumes regular operations. Worst case scenario our aruba trip turns into a Key West trip this year....so not all bad I guess.
    0 0