This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Passports "New and Renew"

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Passports "New and Renew"

Please make certain that you leave plenty of time for passport renewal or new application.

The passport offices seem to be processing at a slow pace.

Excited services for an extra charge may be the way to go.

If you get within 30 days of travel where you will need the passport, check the website and see where you are in the que.

As a last resort, contact your US Representative Congresswoman or man.
    They can help!
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Andrea. We will need to renew our passports this year. Our plan is to renew once we are home, but after I renew my driver's license since I will want to use as ID so I can get my Real ID.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just sharing our experience.....Our son's passport expires this March, and we needed it renewed. Because he is a minor, we're required to renew in-person with both parents present. In December I tried to get an appointment, but the first available was January 30th at the post office (just an fyi, at least in the Philly area, some processing locations are no longer open due to covid, so very limited appointment availability).

Anyway, here we are a month later and his application is not even "in the system" yet I was finally able to speak with a live person yesterday at the passport processing office. She said that there is a delay (Uhm, yes, we know!) and that it would take 10-12wks to process, but that timeline does not start until the passport has been RECEIVED for processing and we get an application locator number by email. So, the process started on our end in December, and will most likely not receive it until sometime in May. I guess it's been sitting at the post office for the last month. Current status = Not Found, which is why I called.

Lesson learned -as per Andrea's comment above, Expedited service seems the way go!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlrhoxie View Post
    Just sharing our experience.....Our son's passport expires this March, and we needed it renewed. Because he is a minor, we're required to renew in-person with both parents present. In December I tried to get an appointment, but the first available was January 30th at the post office (just an fyi, at least in the Philly area, some processing locations are no longer open due to covid, so very limited appointment availability).

Anyway, here we are a month later and his application is not even "in the system" yet I was finally able to speak with a live person yesterday at the passport processing office. She said that there is a delay (Uhm, yes, we know!) and that it would take 10-12wks to process, but that timeline does not start until the passport has been RECEIVED for processing and we get an application locator number by email. So, the process started on our end in December, and will most likely not receive it until sometime in May. I guess it's been sitting at the post office for the last month. Current status = Not Found, which is why I called.

Lesson learned -as per Andrea's comment above, Expedited service seems the way go!
    Which post office were you able to go to? We are in south Jersey and need to renew ours once we are home.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    contact your US Congresswoman/man.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We live in Philly suburbs, and there were only a handful of locations still open w/in a 50mile radius. We went to the Blue Bell, PA post office. Even though multiple locations are listed when you search, we found most are no longer processing apps. The US Customs bldg in Center City is open for processing applications, but limited hours and by appt only. Good luck, and I hope the process goes smoother for you!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Which post office were you able to go to? We are in south Jersey and need to renew ours once we are home.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you fill out your paperwork and deliver it to your congressman's office, the application will be expedited as a courtesy to the congressman's (or congresswoman's) constituents.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to renew my passport. The day after we returned from Aruba I went to the PO in NJ and got photo, paid and they sent it out. I did not use expedited service as I didn't have an international trip planned (only Florida for one month). I just got notified, the passport has been sent out to my home address and expected this Friday. Just over 6 weeks. Not bad at all. So for me, it was a good experience.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    After going for my driver's license/Real ID on Monday, I started the paperwork to renew our passports. I downloaded an app that helped us to get the right framing for the photos. I'm hoping they are okay. Hubby and I signed the forms last night, and they went out this morning via priority mail. Let's see how long it takes until we get them back.

0 0