This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Plastic Ordinance/Ban

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Plastic Ordinance/Ban

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Plastic Ordinance/Ban-a521a89f-462a-4bdd-af3b-f0a508b90bbe-jpg This is the plastic i picked up from California sand dunes and beach during the 5 weeks we were there.
    1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the environment and Mother Nature thanks you

[QUOE=lucky;355031]Plastic Ordinance/Ban-a521a89f-462a-4bdd-af3b-f0a508b90bbe-jpg This is the plastic i picked up from California sand dunes and beach during the 5 weeks we were there.[/QUOTE]
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't tell you how many times I had to jump out of the water at Arashi as I watched potato chip bags and cups blowing from someone's spot into the water and they do nothing. I would jump out and get it, thinking of the poor turtles and fish that would eat this. And its not like there aren't enough garbage cans on the beach. Arashi has garbage cans all over the beach and its a small beach. You don't have to walk far. And let's not even get started on bottle caps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its great for a zillion different reasons, nice job Aruba. That said I am sure there will be some issues that come up....what do they pack leftovers in? How do you get food to go and what do you eat it with assuming you don't have a kitchen in your room? I am sure they have thought of this and have things in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of good Aruba ambassadors on this forum. Great job cleaning up!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I think its great for a zillion different reasons, nice job Aruba. That said I am sure there will be some issues that come up....what do they pack leftovers in? How do you get food to go and what do you eat it with assuming you don't have a kitchen in your room? I am sure they have thought of this and have things in place.
    Many places have since last year already switched out the old styrofoam/plastic containers and cutlery with more environment friendly products. You might not even notice the difference. The styrofoam container replacement for takeout, while looking identical, seems to be a bit weaker. So if you order a "large" portion of anything make sure that you hold it properly to avoid the container from bending from the excess weight.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks and good info. Aruba gets it,I know its not easy but they are making great changes to protect the beauty of Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Many places have since last year already switched out the old styrofoam/plastic containers and cutlery with more environment friendly products. You might not even notice the difference. The styrofoam container replacement for takeout, while looking identical, seems to be a bit weaker. So if you order a "large" portion of anything make sure that you hold it properly to avoid the container from bending from the excess weight.