This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Portable Lock Box for Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Portable Lock Box for Beach

I'm considering purchasing this from amazon for my next Aruba trip (Safego lockbox in case link doesn't work):
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RQIRWW...lig_dp_it&th=1

Would love to know if any of you have one and/or have any alternate suggestions. My main concern with this particular one is I don't think my Kindle e-reader (with protective case) will fit in it. I haven't actually gotten my ruler out yet; just considering something of this type since for me it's "have Kindle, will travel".

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the vacation vault which I don’t think they make any more. It’s very similar to the one in the link you provided. The only difference is doesn’t have the option of a key. The kindle does not fit in mine. When I use it I usually have my phone, room, key and some small bills in it. For the most part I just leave everything in the room safe.

Have you looked at pac safe? Also, I remember Andrea posting something recently about a new gadget. I’ll see if I can find the post.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    and this is the link for the KYSS bag. http://www.kyssbags.com/Kyss_Bag_Products.htmlI had difficulty with mine due to poor workmanship and went on to the pacsafe.
    however MANY love the KyssBag.
    the large is huge...holds a couple of beach towels and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-29-2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: corrected the link
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the kyss bag and it ripped by the zipper and we were leaving in 2 days. Andrea mentioned the pacsafe, ordered it from prime on a friday night, got it sunday and we love it. It is way more sturdier than the kyss bag. We got too large of one, didn’t realize, we got the 12 liter but its flexible in the suitcase. We also stuck a pen in between the teeth of the kyss bag and opened it right up, can’t do that with the oacsafe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a Pacsafe Travelsafe X15 from Amazon for our trip to Aruba in 2 weeks. It will be our beach bag. It would hold a 15 inch laptop and plenty of room for other things ( iPads, hubby’s camera, eyeglass case, small amt. of cash, etc. ). I think it will suit our needs and I’ve done a dry run at home practicing with the lock. We’re staying at Manchebo Beach Resort and will secure it to our palapa. I’ll let you know how it works out!
    0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the pacsafe. You would need a bolt cutter to break it, much more secure than the kyss bag. You will love it. So glad we got it

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much! Funny, I just finished doing a Google search on the Kyss bag and came across the 2016 thread on this forum! I think I'm going to go with this one. Suits my purposes a bit more than the pacsafe. May go with the medium rather than compact size and use it as my carryon as well instead of my backpack. It may be a bit big for what I take to the beach in Aruba but I like the idea of the double duty. And since I live near the beach here in CT, will be able to use it as my beach bag since I take more with me at home (no one hands me beach towels here and then takes them back to wash them for me! LO!!).

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the lock box and love it. Since it a hard shell, we pack sunglasses and reading glass in it our luggage. We also lock it in our trunk on trunk hinge when we take our rental car to places. Its holds our phone. a couple pairs of sunglasses, a wallet and few more things. Very simple to use.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have this pacSafe and love it. It holds the kindles, phones and iPad. Andrea recommended a few years ago. Great choice.
    0 0