This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions prior to 1/31 trip to Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Questions prior to 1/31 trip to Aruba

Having been to Aruba several times, but only once during Covid times, I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the best way to get a small data plan for my cell phone for Google maps to get around the island. Does it matter what type of phone?

2. Last year only one person per cart was allowed in Super Foods? Is that still the case? It really made maneuvering through the store difficult.

‘Thanks in advance for your advice!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if your phone is UNLOCKED you can get a SIM car at SETAR boot at airport (outside of luggage room in the reception hall) for your cell phone data.
    note: if you have wifi at your resort you can use maps.me and then when out an about it is accessible without data or wifi

superfood is not following any of the shopping cart protocol to the best of my knowledge. still 25 cents.....and I do believe that they still spray your hands when you go in.
    the parking lot is still chaotic

Quote Originally Posted by Julemors View Post
    Having been to Aruba several times, but only once during Covid times, I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the best way to get a small data plan for my cell phone for Google maps to get around the island. Does it matter what type of phone?

2. Last year only one person per cart was allowed in Super Foods? Is that still the case? It really made maneuvering through the store difficult.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, Aruba Tourism should hire you!!! You are such a font of information!!!
    Thank you,
    Diane ie Sgt.
    1 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am retired and plan to stay that way
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt11946 View Post
    Andrea, Aruba Tourism should hire you!!! You are such a font of information!!!
    Thank you,
    Diane ie Sgt.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 5

Post Thanks / Like

Check with your cell provider. We have T-Mobile and our phones work fine as they are in Aruba with minimum charges.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Walt
    What type of plan do you have with T mobile? I heard T mobile works but want to look into their options for which plan to get.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I have AT&T. They have a International Day Pass menu option that charges your phone plan $10 per day during usage. Unlimited talk/text and uses your phone plan data allowance. Works great for me/us. A seven day trip would cost an additional $70 to the base plan cost.

We used both Google Maps and Waze to find the best routes or shortcuts when driving around. Both worked well, however, Waze would take us through some interesting windy neighborhood roads (some not paved) as shortcuts.

The Super Foods policy of only one person per cart was not being enforced when we were there three weeks ago. There is also a self hand sanitizing station just outside the front doors. While we followed the policy, there were many families and couples in the store with only one cart. Because SF can be such a zoo on certain days, we found it was best to just "park" your shopping cart in one location. Then simply aisle walk & grab your needed items and take them back to your parked cart location. Otherwise it was like operating bumper carts in the aisles.

Enjoy your upcoming trip!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have Verizon have added on the Travel Pass to our plan. It is free to add and you are charged $10 for a 24 hour period if you need to use the phone. We rarely even need to use data. With google maps, you can download a map of Aruba before you leave and then you have Google Maps, including turn by turn directions without using any data.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Hi Walt
    What type of plan do you have with T mobile? I heard T mobile works but want to look into their options for which plan to get.
    We have the old folk's plan Unlimited 55+ Discount Cell Phone Plans for Seniors | T-Mobile hope this helps!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt,
    Do you turn off your data on your phone so you won't be charged roaming charges?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We have the old folk's plan Unlimited 55+ Discount Cell Phone Plans for Seniors | T-Mobile hope this helps!
    0 0