This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning via CLT

Post Thanks / Like

Returning via CLT

Just received notice that our flight times changed...again. Now, on our return trip home, we only have 90 minutes in CLT to get through immigration and security, and then to our gate. I was really looking forward to a nice leisurely 3 hour layover we had with our original flight.....90 minutes leaves little room for delays.

What has your experience been coming back through CLT as far as time it takes to get through immigration/security?

TIA
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You do not go through immigration and security in CLT. It is done in Aruba. At AUA, you go through Aruban customs and immigration and security, then you go through the USA customs/immigration and security.Make sure you are at AUA 3 hours early. Once you get to CLT, you just have to get to your gate. As long as the plane leaves AUA close to on time, you won't have any issues in CLT.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info and reassurance, Robin. I should know that, but on a recent return trip last summer from SXM to MIA we were met with horribly long lines in MIA. It took forever to get through the lines so I was thinking there were extra hoops we had to go through when returning to the US. I vowed to never travel through MIA ever again. It was horrible.

I feel better about our CLT connection now....thank you for your reply.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just reading this makes me love JFK direct more and more .. The 2am drive is better than hrs in lines at connections
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks for the info and reassurance, Robin. I should know that, but on a recent return trip last summer from SXM to MIA we were met with horribly long lines in MIA. It took forever to get through the lines so I was thinking there were extra hoops we had to go through when returning to the US. I vowed to never travel through MIA ever again. It was horrible.

Does SXM require that you go through customs in the U.S? We are thinking about flying AA back from Aruba, with a connection through MIA, but we are wondering how bad it will be since we won't have to clear customs. We usually connect through CLT, and can make it to any gate within 10 - 15 minutes.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We fly back through Charlotte often. The airport is easy to navigate. An hour layover is very comfortable.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we connect thru MIA often when flying AA
    you need at lest an hour, especially when you have to go thru one terminal to another.
    there is a train thing, but the terminals are huge

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Does SXM require that you go through customs in the U.S? We are thinking about flying AA back from Aruba, with a connection through MIA, but we are wondering how bad it will be since we won't have to clear customs. We usually connect through CLT, and can make it to any gate within 10 - 15 minutes.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We made it from gate to gate in Miami in about 12 minutes, they did hold the plane for us. I would rather fly through Charlotte, even a 30 minute connection is plenty of time, providing the flights are on time.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

What is your home airport?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Global Entry. It will almost always get you through Customs and Immigration quicker. Fill out the paper work ahead of time. Once you get your conditional approval you can interview when you leave Aruba in about 15 minutes.
    0 0