This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: sunsets

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

sunsets

my favorite sunsets are viewed from the beach or from the front porch of a unit at Sunset Beach Studios or from the windsurfing area.
    I love it when it is pretty cloudy and right before the sun falls into the sea, the brightness bursts out and then the whole sun dips into the sea !
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a couple of spectacular sunsets from Manchebo/Eagle Beach last summer. Also a great one a few years ago from Flying Fishbone.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year we floated in front of Holiday Inn and watched some great sunsets. By the time the sun goes down most folks are up getting ready for dinner and you have the beach almost to yourselves. Still watching for the elusive "green flash".

0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my favorite sunsets are viewed from the beach or from the front porch of a unit at Sunset Beach Studios or from the windsurfing area.
    I love it when it is pretty cloudy and right before the sun falls into the sea, the brightness bursts out and then the whole sun dips into the sea !

Andrea and everyone else

You are so right! We love watching the sun fall into the sea from our ocean view porch at SBS.

Oh, did I say we'll be doing that again this coming October? October 11-18, 2020 in case you're wondering.

What about the other end of the day? We're early risers and love watching Aruba wake up.

And don't forget the afternoon shimmer; between 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon. I sit on the bench beside the little memorial across the street from SBS.

I might have strayed off-topic here a little but watching sunsets, sunrises and the afternoon shimmer; it's all Aruba-sun related isn't it?

Have a good one,

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Walt, our favorite sunsets are spent floating in the water. We stay at Divi Village and my usual routine is to hang out by the front pool until about 6-6:30ish and then walk across the street to the Divi Beach Bar for a drink with whoever is lingering around and hasn't gone to dinner yet. Then me and few friends jump in the ocean right before sunset and watch and the sun disappears on the horizon. Some nights the clouds obscure our view, but then most nights we float and chat and watch as the sun drops down.

One consequence is that I don't have many sunset photos because I'm usually in the water.

By far this is my favorite time of the day. As Walt said, aside from a few stragglers we usually have the beach and ocean to ourselves.

Once the sun is gone, we all head back to the room to shower and get ready for dinner. Or if we are drinking our dinner, I head to the hot tub with a cocktail.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the sunset is a daily thing unless we go out for dinner. Some times clouds can make for an amazing sunset or the time after the sun disappears and it gets dark.

Post Thanks / Like
    sunsets are beautiful in Aruba - I'm glad I get to see it everyday. Sometimes clouds can indeed give the sky a color that's on fire or pink purple - so awesome.
    0 1