This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Super Excited About Possible Upcoming Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Super Excited About Possible Upcoming Trip

Hi Everybody,

I know it has been awhile since I have posted but I have been checking in on the forum from time to time and hope you all are doing well. With the New Orleans Mardi Gras parades being cancelled I have been down in the dumps the last day and a half but now I have reason to be super excited! My wife's birthday is coming up on Tuesday and I think I am going to gift her with a surprise 6 night trip to Aruba at the end of January into February. I have been telling her that I am not really sure what to get her this year . I don't think she will be expecting it at all! I took advantage of the Southwest travel in November companion pass promotion and I am not sure we will ever get as good a deal as we can now by utilizing that and my Marriott discount. I currently have round trip air fare from Hartford to Aruba and 6 nights at the Stellaris for $1125 with taxes and fees for two of us on hold.

I can get the same deal staying at the Renaissance in a Marina room as well. The last time we were in Aruba was for our honeymoon and we stayed at the Ritz. I proposed on the Renaissance private island so we have seen the flamingos before. Other then personal preference can anyone tell me any reason why I should opt to do the Renaissance right now over the Stellaris? Would you guess that occupancy will be approximately the same at both?

Would love to hear any other input about an end of January first few days of February trip.

Thanks!!!
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    both places are lovely.
    the beach at the Rnaissance's private island is nicer than the one at the Marriott resort....but not that much nicer.

I would opt for Marriott, just because it is a new adventure.

what a great gift!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weston View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I know it has been awhile since I have posted but I have been checking in on the forum from time to time and hope you all are doing well. With the New Orleans Mardi Gras parades being cancelled I have been down in the dumps the last day and a half but now I have reason to be super excited! My wife's birthday is coming up on Tuesday and I think I am going to gift her with a surprise 6 night trip to Aruba at the end of January into February. I have been telling her that I am not really sure what to get her this year . I don't think she will be expecting it at all! I took advantage of the Southwest travel in November companion pass promotion and I am not sure we will ever get as good a deal as we can now by utilizing that and my Marriott discount. I currently have round trip air fare from Hartford to Aruba and 6 nights at the Stellaris for $1125 with taxes and fees for two of us on hold.

I can get the same deal staying at the Renaissance in a Marina room as well. The last time we were in Aruba was for our honeymoon and we stayed at the Ritz. I proposed on the Renaissance private island so we have seen the flamingos before. Other then personal preference can anyone tell me any reason why I should opt to do the Renaissance right now over the Stellaris? Would you guess that occupancy will be approximately the same at both?

Would love to hear any other input about an end of January first few days of February trip.

Thanks!!!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like an AMAZING deal.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a WONDERFUL gift idea! Your wife will LOVE it!
    I think the pricing you found at the Marriott hotel is very good. Anytime you can get a stay at the Marriott for <$200 per night (including taxes) is a great find. With regards to Marriott Stellaris (Palm Beach) vs the Renaissance (downtown) - both are great places. When my husband and I visit Aruba, we enjoying staying at both. We typically make a reservation to stay at Palm Beach first and then we make a reservation for our last night to stay at the Renaissance. That way we can spend the next to last day of vacation on Renaissance Island and on the day of our departure, we get up early and go out to the island again to enjoy the morning on the beach. Since the Renaissance check-out isn't until noon, that leaves a full morning to enjoy the flamingos (and a few bloody mary's) before returning to the hotel for check-out. It is also just as fun to spend your first night of vacation at the Renaissance and then move up to the Marriott Stellaris Hotel for the remainder of the vacation.
    It would be sweet to visit the place where you proposed...so that would be my recommendation on how best to achieve that.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston View Post
    Hi Everybody,

Thanks!!!
    Sounds great.. Is that non stop from Hartford ? I didnt think we could fly direct from there. I live in Ct.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by almaringola View Post
    Sounds great.. Is that non stop from Hartford ? I didnt think we could fly direct from there. I live in Ct.

Hi, no it goes BDL--->BWI--->AUA and the same in reverse coming home.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great deal. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds wonderful! Personally, I think you'll enjoy the Marriott hotel better than the Renn as you will be right on the beach. At the Renn you will have to go over to the private island to enjoy the beach. Either way, I'm sure you will have a lovely time.
    0 0