This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you to Sargent Peppers

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to Sargent Peppers

Well its official we are welcoming Tom to our family and his forever home!!! He arrives Friday and our hearts are over filled with joy Regarding the weather...I fell terrible that Tom will be leaving 90 degrees and flying into Boston where the wind chill will be below zero. I bought him a nice warm coat, some boots and blankets. Also, a new "toy box" of toys. His photos are adorable. Over the years we have adopted 2 puppies who grew up with our children. Those adoptions were local from the MSPCA.

Sargent Peppers staff have been wonderful to work with. They have been very responsive to my many many questions. They even had Tom's foster mom Yve reach out to me. Yve sent me numerous photos and videos and was very kind and helpful with suggestions and again answering more questions that I had. We stayed in touch all day, while I was trying to make things come together at this end. Yve and I decided to remain in touch so she can see how Tom will grow and adapt to New England.

I don't post much on this forum, but wanted everyone to know how pleased I have been with the process of adopting from Sargent Peppers. The work they do on the island for the local dogs and cats is incredible.

I may rarely post but I do follow along reading the wonderful posts here. Many many times I would come home from work with tears and you all lifted me up with your posts and I thank you for that! As you all know it has been a very difficult year with Covid.

I will try uploading some photos of Tom. Have a wonderful evening and thank you for such a wonderful community.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting! I do hope you post photos when you get a chance.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such wonderful news!!

Tom is a lucky pup!!

If you are unsuccessful on uploading some photos, let me know and I will get them posted.

Again, so very happy!!!

It has indeed been a very difficult year. Tom will brighten your days! He is a 4 legged vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by YiaYia1983 View Post
    Well its official we are welcoming Tom to our family and his forever home!!! He arrives Friday and our hearts are over filled with joy Regarding the weather...I fell terrible that Tom will be leaving 90 degrees and flying into Boston where the wind chill will be below zero. I bought him a nice warm coat, some boots and blankets. Also, a new "toy box" of toys. His photos are adorable. Over the years we have adopted 2 puppies who grew up with our children. Those adoptions were local from the MSPCA.

Sargent Peppers staff have been wonderful to work with. They have been very responsive to my many many questions. They even had Tom's foster mom Yve reach out to me. Yve sent me numerous photos and videos and was very kind and helpful with suggestions and again answering more questions that I had. We stayed in touch all day, while I was trying to make things come together at this end. Yve and I decided to remain in touch so she can see how Tom will grow and adapt to New England.

I don't post much on this forum, but wanted everyone to know how pleased I have been with the process of adopting from Sargent Peppers. The work they do on the island for the local dogs and cats is incredible.

I may rarely post but I do follow along reading the wonderful posts here. Many many times I would come home from work with tears and you all lifted me up with your posts and I thank you for that! As you all know it has been a very difficult year with Covid.

I will try uploading some photos of Tom. Have a wonderful evening and thank you for such a wonderful community.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff! I know you will love Tom. We adopted "Ruby" from Sgt. Peppers a little over 2 years and she is fitting in great in our household! We have an older dog that she adores...and sticks close to her at all points.

Do you have a garage? Ruby was so cold when we 1st brought her home in Feb during a snow storm she really struggled going outside. One of our wonderful forum members- I want to say it was Robin, suggested putting down paper for Ruby in the garage...that worked great! The garage was cold but not freezing like outside was. We used the garage for a week-10 days or so until it got a little warmer. Ruby LOVES the snow and has zero issues with the cold at this point- so no worries there.
    Just a thought if you have a garage it may be worth it to try what I did if your doggy is having any issues with the cold. Congrats!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-27-2021 at 11:38 PM.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting for you and Tom! It is easy to tell from your post that he is going to be a well-loved member of your family. But he sure will be arriving on a cold day (I'm in CT). And we may have a major snowstorm on Monday. Welcome to New England weather, Tom! LOL!

These are such difficult times for all of us. It's hard to stay positive. But when I've had a horrific day at work (like today and basically every other day for the past year), coming home and reading and posting on this Forum has often been the only bright spot in my day, not only because we all love Aruba but because of the wonderful people here that I've come to consider friends even thought I've never actually met any of them. Can always use another friend!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting. Enjoy! Anxious to see pictures.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats on Tom.I can't wait to see pictures.

Thanks Jay.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to Sargent Peppers-screen-shot-2021-01-28-10-20-21-pm-jpg

Thank you to Sargent Peppers-screen-shot-2021-01-28-10-23-00-pm-jpg

I believe that this gorgeous pup is young Master Tom!!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, so very cute!!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, what a sweet face! Looks like he will be pretty big.

0 0