This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things that make us say "HUH?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Bathing suits. People I think have the attitude that they just don't care because no one they know is going to see them and they don't care what anyone thinks-if you don't like it, don't look.

add: people who can't drive through the roundabouts the right way-don't know that those in the roundabout have the right of way
    those who act like they are entitled-but I guess that is everywhere
    People who go to a beach resort and just stay in their room-don't really go to the pool or beach.

Maybe I am wrong with this one-people who won't try anything new-food, drinks, etc.
    I get that some people just want to veg and not see the island, but to me exploring is fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some more that just came to mind:
    1. Visitors that spend the entirety of their trip on the resort.
    2. Visitors that talk down to members of staff at the resorts, in restaurants, stores etc.
    3. People that come all the way to Aruba just to eat the same fast food that they get back home.
    4. Owners at the various time shares lording it over those that are renters, seriously your lordship and ladyship I paid money for this trip it was not free so just cool it.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Bathing suits. People I think have the attitude that they just don't care because no one they know is going to see them and they don't care what anyone thinks-if you don't like it, don't look.

add: people who can't drive through the roundabouts the right way-don't know that those in the roundabout have the right of way
    those who act like they are entitled-but I guess that is everywhere
    People who go to a beach resort and just stay in their room-don't really go to the pool or beach.

Maybe I am wrong with this one-people who won't try anything new-food, drinks, etc.
    I get that some people just want to veg and not see the island, but to me exploring is fun.
    Thank you Robin!! I really do not understand why people would fly all the way to Aruba to spend their entire stay on the island, when it is quite safe and there are so many options and means when it comes to taking tours. Same applies to the food, why stick to the same name brand fast food when there are so many different options to try, especially among the local restaurants, food trucks etc.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    in defense of those that dine at "familiar" places and those that do not wander around off of the resort...... I believe everyone has a comfort zone (I certainly have a comfort zone).
    I believe that lots of folks do not wonder outside of what they are comfortable with. Often times people believe that Aruba is one of those places where it could be unsafe to wander about. The same with restaurants...if the name Ruths Chris is familiar and they like the place in the states, then why not? (We love Ruths Chris everywhere). Wendys (In Aruba) baked potatoes saved my life a few years ago while recovering from a huge GI upset. This past vacation, we stopped at Mickey D's after the dentist and had a McGriddle sandwich and we enjoyed it.

I think too when folks get to Aruba, they (including me to a certain extent) they are quite content on the beach or poolside at their resort.
    Folks are paying for the warmth, the sun and their own relaxation. If folks feel comfortable with staying on resort property for their entire stay, then I certainly respect that.

This forum provides MUCH information for folks planning their Aruba trips.
    Unfortunately, not everyone reads this forum or does trip research.
    As a result, there are plenty of folks that only stay in their comfort zone and do not wander much.

...........not that there is anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Thank you Robin!! I really do not understand why people would fly all the way to Aruba to spend their entire stay on the island, when it is quite safe and there are so many options and means when it comes to taking tours. Same applies to the food, why stick to the same name brand fast food when there are so many different options to try, especially among the local restaurants, food trucks etc.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-18-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We love the egg and cheese sandwiches with that soft roll at those little food shacks around Aruba. We hate when they put mustard on it. Whats up with mustard on eggs? I hate when a little wave in Aruba takes me down hard. I have to to get up smiling at onlookers and say I'm O.K, even though I'm not and lost another pair of sunglasses. Also how the ice melts so quickly in our drinks form that hot sun. It makes you have to drink faster. Oh the humanity!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The speedos!!! OMG

On a side note about mirrors, My husband and I bought a new mirror for our bedroom this past summer. We LOVE it. It is distorted kind of like a fun house but not a lot, just enough to make us look thin. When I first looked in it, I was hopeful that I had lost some weight. But then DH asked me if I thought the new mirror was a bit "off" because it made him look thinner. However, it didn't make me look so thin I wanted to wear a thong. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rubaguy62 View Post
    The swim suits is a good one I always wonder if those people have fun house mirrors. People that haven't adjusted to aruba time and want everything in a hurry

Post Thanks / Like
    Our "HUH, are you kidding me" - parents that do not watch their children around the water!!!!!!!! That drives me nuts.

And this isn't just Aruba. We just got back from Grand Cayman (I'm going to do a non-Aruba trip report next). There were actually 2 young children in the water at the beach with not even a parent on the beach. Parents were at the pool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Our "HUH, are you kidding me" - parents that do not watch their children around the water!!!!!!!! That drives me nuts.

And this isn't just Aruba. We just got back from Grand Cayman (I'm going to do a non-Aruba trip report next). There were actually 2 young children in the water at the beach with not even a parent on the beach. Parents were at the pool.

We on e watched a young couple with an infant, leave the baby on a blanket under the palapa while they went in for a swim. I was horrified!!!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh dear god.
    what the heck is wrong with people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We on e watched a young couple with an infant, leave the baby on a blanket under the palapa while they went in for a swim. I was horrified!!!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Andrea, that people do what is in their comfort zone. I have worked very hard to get out of mine over the past 10 years and I am so happy I did. I went into a cave with bats yesterday-I also was the first one out of that cave and I was glad I did not have my fit bit on.

I can't believe someone would live a baby on a beach alone. I didn't like leaving my kids alone to walk to my mailbox(30 feet) when they were little. Yeah, people don't watch their kids, of all ages, like they should not only in Aruba but elsewhere.