This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling with toddlers

Post Thanks / Like

Traveling with toddlers

Hello,

Is anyone currently in Aruba with toddlers? We are so eager to visit Aruba again and are wondering how flights from NYC were? Were your 2 and 3 years olds wearing masks on the flights? If they cried and yelled did the crew force them off the plane?

Please share your experience?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi NYNK, welcome to your first post. The airlines are force crying babies off the plane? That's terrible. I'm sure someone will have an answer for you soon.

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Southwest removed a mom and her 3 y/o autistic child (I only mention autism because the mom attributed it his discomfort in wearing the mask).

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Hi NYNK, welcome to your first post. The airlines are force crying babies off the plane? That's terrible. I'm sure someone will have an answer for you soon.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the forum NYNK

recently SWA removed 6 passengers for non mask compliance.
    the mom and 4 of her kids had the masks ON. the 2 yr old put up a horrible fuss (and I know how bad that can be...there are no fight wins vs a 2 yr old) and the entire group was removed....by parachutes.
    kidding about parachutes, but not the rest.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand mask compliance, but two year olds cry for no reason at all. Does it seem confined to SWA?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awful!! As if flying with four children during a pandemic isn't stressful enough, on top of everything else they throw you off the plane?!! I wonder if there's more to that story (not that I have any great desire to defend SWA).
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we saw it on the news....over and over.
    we both said that there had to be something more to it.
    we figured maybe the mom went ballistic or was outrageously badly behaved to the SWA staff.....but they also interviewed other passengers who said that the child was agitated and would not wear the mask... the passengers interviewed presented the whole scenario as the family were the victims. a couple of the passengers got off the flight in support of the family. the crazy thing is that SWA then put them all on another flight. I wonder if the toddler did finally wear a mask? I am also wondering how my grands did today in their first day back.

Liam was a terrible 2 year old. Very terrible. Paul and I were in charge of both boys for an overnight 2 yrs ago, Liam was 2. He removed his clothing while seated in the car seat in the back. EVERY bit of clothing and then screamed as if someone was killing him. We had 0 control and there was NO consoling him, NO bribing him. I may have cried a little too.

2 yr olds and masks.......that is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    That's awful!! As if flying with four children during a pandemic isn't stressful enough, on top of everything else they throw you off the plane?!! I wonder if there's more to that story (not that I have any great desire to defend SWA).
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think with *most* airlines, children under​ 2 are exempt.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone been on a plane w small children? how was it? also, are delta and/or jetblue offering drinks/snacks?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have flown with our grandsons 2x
    1. when Liam was 13 mo and Jake was 2 1/2.
    we fed the younger one crackers, and other little snacks til he fell asleep. the older guy watched paw patrol videos.

2. 2nd time Liam was 2 and Jake was almost 4.
    Liam.......was horrible in every sense of the word til he fell asleep 15 min before arrival.
    He was so worked up he barfed all over my daughter in law. I was contemplating suicide.
    Jake ..still happy with videos and skittles.

they are now 4 1/2 and 6.

jet blue (per my son who flew with them last week)
    said snack and small bottle of water delivered to him in a small sandwich ziplock bag.)

Quote Originally Posted by NYNK View Post
    has anyone been on a plane w small children? how was it? also, are delta and/or jetblue offering drinks/snacks?
    0 0