This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Trip - Leaving Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Upcoming Trip - Leaving Sunday

Well I got my negative covid results tonight.... right after I read about the new rules (establishments now closing at 9, curfew 10pm-5am, etc), but I'm still planning to go. These new rules should only impact a couple of the plans I had, so not too bad I guess.

I still have to finish my ED and upload my test and insurance proof, but other than that I guess I'm ready. Sure is going to be different this year!!!

BTW - I live in SE NH. I had my test done at Wentworth Douglas and my results came in about 33 hours after testing.

Details for testing - go online to WD Hospital and follow link for covid testing. I selected 'other' under reason for testing and wrote that it was required for upcoming travel. Site says up to 3 days for results but I was told on phone when appt was made that it often is less than 48 hours (at this time). I imagine if case numbers start to rise, then testing will increase and so will waiting times, but right now it's not too bad.

Once you fill out online info, d/l the Mass General Brigham Patient Portal (referenced on WD site). This is where you'll retrieve results.

You should get a phone call shortly after to make the appt. I'm traveling on Sunday at 9:45 so I made my appt for Thursday at 10. The test site is drive through at the Wentworth Douglas Professional Bldg right off exit 9 from the Spaulding Tpke.

The nurse who administered my test was great. She explained the process and was a gentle as possible. Felt exactly the same to me as when I get a rush of pool water up my nose - that kind of burning annoying sensation - not pain or anything. Over in 3 seconds and made my eyes water a bit.

I told them to just bill me because I know my insurance isn't going to cover this. Haven't received a bill yet so I don't know how much the test cost.

Now I have to find my water socks and finish packing...
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels. Have a great vacation and if you have a moment, post and let us know how things are going.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Safe travels. Have a great vacation and if you have a moment, post and let us know how things are going.
    I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to update my trip report
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to your trip reports, Laura. Safe travels!!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info for the testing!!

safe and easy travels Laura.

I hope all is wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Well I got my negative covid results tonight.... right after I read about the new rules (establishments now closing at 9, curfew 10pm-5am, etc), but I'm still planning to go. These new rules should only impact a couple of the plans I had, so not too bad I guess.

I still have to finish my ED and upload my test and insurance proof, but other than that I guess I'm ready. Sure is going to be different this year!!!

BTW - I live in SE NH. I had my test done at Wentworth Douglas and my results came in about 33 hours after testing.

Details for testing - go online to WD Hospital and follow link for covid testing. I selected 'other' under reason for testing and wrote that it was required for upcoming travel. Site says up to 3 days for results but I was told on phone when appt was made that it often is less than 48 hours (at this time). I imagine if case numbers start to rise, then testing will increase and so will waiting times, but right now it's not too bad.

Once you fill out online info, d/l the Mass General Brigham Patient Portal (referenced on WD site). This is where you'll retrieve results.

You should get a phone call shortly after to make the appt. I'm traveling on Sunday at 9:45 so I made my appt for Thursday at 10. The test site is drive through at the Wentworth Douglas Professional Bldg right off exit 9 from the Spaulding Tpke.

The nurse who administered my test was great. She explained the process and was a gentle as possible. Felt exactly the same to me as when I get a rush of pool water up my nose - that kind of burning annoying sensation - not pain or anything. Over in 3 seconds and made my eyes water a bit.

I told them to just bill me because I know my insurance isn't going to cover this. Haven't received a bill yet so I don't know how much the test cost.

Now I have to find my water socks and finish packing...
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my green check mark.... one step closer
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels Laura. I can't wait to read about your trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were laughing about the curfew because we always seem to go to bed early while in Aruba, so we probably wouldn't even notice a change. I prefer to be outside to enjoy the sun for as many hours as possible. Thanks for sharing about your test - you got me thinking we will drive to a less populated County and do a backup test - less people to test, more likely to get results back faster. Not sure why I didn't think about it like that before.
    Can't wait to hear about your trip!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We were laughing about the curfew because we always seem to go to bed early while in Aruba, so we probably wouldn't even notice a change. I prefer to be outside to enjoy the sun for as many hours as possible. Thanks for sharing about your test - you got me thinking we will drive to a less populated County and do a backup test - less people to test, more likely to get results back faster. Not sure why I didn't think about it like that before.
    Can't wait to hear about your trip!
    I'm not typically out late myself, but last year I did go to Fusions a few times for a cocktail & music and came home later than normal. My issue is the 8:00 dinner reservations I need to change now. I don't want to cut it too close now that restaurants have to close by 9. Being back on my balcony by 10 shouldn't be a problem. I usually do my people watching.... but not this time. Again, not a deal breaker for me
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    safe travels