This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waves @ Palm Beach today!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I arrived at 2:30 today. Some heavier rain just seemed to be winding down. Picked up rental car from wheels to go and headed through Oranjestad. A lot of water in the streets along the way to our condo on Eagle Beach. By the time we went to Super foods at 4:30 sun was out and very nice. Walked to LaCabana for supper and ocean was quite calm and a beautiful evening. Calm before the storm? Were going tomorrow to the Tax office to pay our remaining property Taxes and then on to shopping for some condo items. Decided it might be smart to get that done as possible heavy rain will surely cause street flooding again. Could be a interesting next few days.
    3 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update Alan.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a snorkeling tour yesterday and the last stop (Malmok) was canceled due to the rough surf. Seaweed is abundant! Everyone is saying that it's not normal to have any seaweed. The storms are supposed to roll through tonight.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that a portion of your adventure was cancelled.
    Hope that you are enjoying yourself otherwise!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    We had a snorkeling tour yesterday and the last stop (Malmok) was canceled due to the rough surf. Seaweed is abundant! Everyone is saying that it's not normal to have any seaweed. The storms are supposed to roll through tonight.
    Ugh! Seaweed! There was a lot when we were there in July. I know it’s the ocean but it is kind of yucky. Looks like it will be more time spent at the pool this time around. We’re going back on October 3. I hope the weather calms down by then.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the one trip we saw all the palapas crashing over the next day there was more seaweed than we've ever seen anywhere. That said within 24 hours it was basically all gone! The cleanup crews at all the hotels along palm beach were amazing.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.

1 1