This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we in Compliance with Aruba law?

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we in Compliance with Aruba law?

It has occurred to me we are now into our 2nd week being over due to leave the Island. Like everyone who arrives on Aruba, we filled out the customs information as to where we were staying and for how long. We now are staying in a rented house, not our original resort & have no idea when we will be leaving. Does anyone have any information regarding any procedures we should be following? Also, as far as I know, the Government offices are closed or being minimally staffed.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not worry about this at all. The government clearly understands the situation.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Government offices are not closed. They are working with skeleton crews and some, like the departments of social affairs, labor and health are working fully staffed.

In regards to your question, days ago the minister of Justice announced a grace period for precisely people who are stuck in Aruba and didn't manage to get out(or didn't want to). In other words, you are good until this passes.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information. I have not seen this addressed on the websites. I registered with the US Smart Traveler Enrollment Program and I spoke to someone at the US Consulate today on Curacao. Unfortunately she provided little information.

Oh well, we will be heading out to take a walk in a few minutes. I cannot complain
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link to one of the articles. It's written in all the 4 main languages

http://www.diario.aw/2020/03/ministe...pega-na-aruba/
    2 2

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you
    0 0

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are you getting home? The State Department is trying to get everyone home.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    coldsteel,

There is a charter flight on April 15 on Spirit Airlines flying to Fort Lauderdale via Cartagena. We found out about it via the embassy in Curacao.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the charter flight on April 15, I have been in contact with the US Consulate, located on Curacao, as recently as yesterday afternoon,as well as going on line to search for ways to get back to NY after arriving at FLL around 5 30PM on the 15th. To take advantage of the Spirit flight we would have to find a hotel at FLL and then fly to NY the following day. The idea of leaving here with other tourists and doing a stop over in Colombia to pick up others and fly to FLL seems OK enough with us. The idea of staying overnight at an airport hotel scares the heck out of us & we're also concerned about flying from FLL to NY. The flight itself and the possibility the flight could be cancelled. Lastly, going home to Westchester County seems like diving into an empty pool. At home, we live in a scenic area, along a small river and a half mile from a large lake ( A NYC reservoir ) The Hudson river is 2 miles away. However, we cannot enjoy any of that now. Our neighbors and children all tell us to stay here and that is what we have decided to do. I wish all of you good health and safety.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Coldsteel, I live in southwestern CT, probably not far from your location in Westchester. This is just my personal opinion, but if it were me and I had the means to do so, I'd stay in Aruba for a few more weeks. And are any airport hotels even open?

0 0