This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are going

Post Thanks / Like

We are going

Well after much discussion, stress, plan changes, backup plans, and more stress, we are going to Aruba as scheduled in 39 days. Usually I am the "worst case scenario" person and my husband goes with the flow. For some reason this pandemic and the travel requirements has reversed our roles. Today I finally just said I can't take this uncertainty and either we are cutting our losses or we are just going to say business as usually and stop talking about the "what ifs". We decided, we are going. I have 3 options for covid tests that should meet the various options. We are going to deal with the 40 minute layover in Miami and hope for the best. Ive been watching the arrival and departure gates and it seems do-able.

Now for the fun...planning our days. We are exploring options for a guided UTV tour to see a few things we haven't seen on our own, Blackstone Beach, new natural pool, etc. Anyone interested in a small group the first week of December? We are also considering the Monforte III luxury lagoon cruise during that week, I will post when we pick a day.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tracey - I am so excited for you! It took a long time for my husband and I to decide to travel to Aruba this year. We normally take our first vacation in May but this year we didn't make our first trip to the island until September (2 months after the re-opening of their border to US travelers). We had a lot of misgivings and concerns leading up to our departure date for Aruba. The closer our vacation date, the more worried we became ....BUT every single bit of that worry and concern and angst simply melted away as soon as we stepped out of the airport in Aruba. To put it simply, it felt like coming back home to a wonderfully safe and welcoming and extremely happy place. For every day of our 10 day stay, we kept saying "What took us so long to return?". We loved our stay there so much, that we've already booked a return trip for December. Unfortunately, our dates don't align with your travel dates otherwise I would have been the first to join your UTV excursion idea! (definitely do the new natural pool - it is very fun)
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear that you are going to travel to Aruba and enjoy your vacation. Those that have gone seem to have positive thoughts about vacation during this time. My feeling is if you travel with the knowledge that it may be different from vacations of the past you will be able to relax and enjoy.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 10-17-2020 at 02:07 PM.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I might be interested in the monteforte.
    Paul also raised his eyebrows and acted interested when I mentioned the trikes tour.

we are GLAD that you decided to go.

we WILL make sure that you get on that flight.
    I can throw just sort of a hissy fit.....as long as my fat butt does not get tossed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Well after much discussion, stress, plan changes, backup plans, and more stress, we are going to Aruba as scheduled in 39 days. Usually I am the "worst case scenario" person and my husband goes with the flow. For some reason this pandemic and the travel requirements has reversed our roles. Today I finally just said I can't take this uncertainty and either we are cutting our losses or we are just going to say business as usually and stop talking about the "what ifs". We decided, we are going. I have 3 options for covid tests that should meet the various options. We are going to deal with the 40 minute layover in Miami and hope for the best. Ive been watching the arrival and departure gates and it seems do-able.

Now for the fun...planning our days. We are exploring options for a guided UTV tour to see a few things we haven't seen on our own, Blackstone Beach, new natural pool, etc. Anyone interested in a small group the first week of December? We are also considering the Monforte III luxury lagoon cruise during that week, I will post when we pick a day.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Paul and I might be interested in the monteforte.
    Paul also raised his eyebrows and acted interested when I mentioned the trikes tour.

we are GLAD that you decided to go.

we WILL make sure that you get on that flight.
    I can throw just sort of a hissy fit.....as long as my fat butt does not get tossed off.
    That's a true friend!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you are going!

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy for you.
    If Andrea says it will happen it will.
    Wish we were going again..
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I leave on the first (Tuesday) but would love to join a guided tour. Never been to Blackstone Beach. Boats are not for me no sea legs lol

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you're going!

I, too, decided this week that I am not only going, as usual, for week 50 (mid-Dec.), but I rented a week 49 as well. If I am going to take the plunge and resume traveling (I missed my two weeks in April), I want to make it worth my while!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Glad to hear you're going!

I, too, decided this week that I am not only going, as usual, for week 50 (mid-Dec.), but I rented a week 49 as well. If I am going to take the plunge and resume traveling (I missed my two weeks in April), I want to make it worth my while!
    Glad you decided to go too! We will just miss you, we are at Playa Linda week 48.
    0 1