This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Webcams in Aruba

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Webcams in Aruba

    Does anyone else look at webcams since you’re missing Aruba? Since I had planned our March trip months ago to Manchebo Beach Resort I started looking at their webcam and picking out a palapa. I was so happy to see that it was never overly crowded. Now I find myself still checking in a few times a day just for an Aruba beach fix. Thanks Manchebo for keeping it on till we can be there in person. Anyone else do this?
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes
    we need a 10 step program to break us of the addiction

    when at LaCabana last Dec, we sat in the area where the webcam was focused.
    we did not choose that location on purpose.

    periodically I was receiving texts from a friend from home asking me about what I was reading, what are you eating, are those frozen drinks? I was being stalked!!
    we did not sit in that location again!

    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Does anyone else look at webcams since you’re missing Aruba? Since I had planned our March trip months ago to Manchebo Beach Resort I started looking at their webcam and picking out a palapa. I was so happy to see that it was never overly crowded. Now I find myself still checking in a few times a day just for an Aruba beach fix. Thanks Manchebo for keeping it on till we can be there in person. Anyone else do this?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2
     

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes
    we need a 10 step program to break us of the addiction

    when at LaCabana last Dec, we sat in the area where the webcam was focused.
    we did not choose that location on purpose.

    periodically I was receiving texts from a friend from home asking me about what I was reading, what are you eating, are those frozen drinks? I was being stalked!!
    we did not sit in that location again!
    That is too funny, Andrea! I never thought about that. I will NOT be choosing a palapa within camera range!
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too avoid the camera range palapas at Manchebo!

    0 1
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was on Bucuti webcame during a BEAUTIFUL sunset last evening. It was also very strange as not even a "footprint" in the sand, everything so neat and tidy no one to be seen. I eventually saw 2 jetskis go by who seemed to have the entire ocean to themselves. Although it is a weird feeling I will continue to watch the beautiful sunsets as I am always there in my heart Can't wait to see those huts and beaches full of vistors again.

    0 3
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I look at my pictures when I get "homesick". I am trying to convince hubby to install a camera facing the beach in our condo that I can look at whenever I want.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I look at my pictures when I get "homesick". I am trying to convince hubby to install a camera facing the beach in our condo that I can look at whenever I want.
    That's a cool idea, especially if you share the link


    0 2
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •