This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s on you to do list that you never get to?

Post Thanks / Like

What’s on you to do list that you never get to?

I have a few things I always think I’ll get to but that list goes out the window once we land. Here’s an example:

Terrafuse; I’ve always wanted to take one of their workshops on making glass beads. Once I get to Aruba I decide it’s too hot to work with a blow torch!

Rent a car: Tom doesn’t want to drive in Aruba and doesn’t want to drive with me.

Superfood; I would like to poke in the market and check out the Dutch products.

Trikes tour: would love to do this but would prefer to be a passenger and prefer that Tom is not the driver.

So, does anyone else have a similar list?

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    great topic..thanks!

Trikes tour for me too.........I want to drive, Paul does not even want to look at the photos of it on their site.

Mosaic Class ...stay long enough to take the class that Robin took a few years ago.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is hard to "poke around in superfood"
    the place is always congested and imo the shoppers are ill tempered and impatient.
    sadly, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I have a few things I always think I’ll get to but that list goes out the window once we land. Here’s an example:

Terrafuse; I’ve always wanted to take one of their workshops on making glass beads. Once I get to Aruba I decide it’s too hot to work with a blow torch!

Rent a car: Tom doesn’t want to drive in Aruba and doesn’t want to drive with me.

Superfood; I would like to poke in the market and check out the Dutch products.

Trikes tour: would love to do this but would prefer to be a passenger and prefer that Tom is not the driver.

So, does anyone else have a similar list?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is hard to "poke around in superfood"
    the place is always congested and imo the shoppers are ill tempered and impatient.
    sadly, myself included.

Sounds a lot like the grocery stores here at home! On one of our early trips we went into a market near downtown I don’t even remember the name. I do remember taking the bus back to the Divi with a six pack of beer. We somehow missed the stop and ended up riding up to Palm Beach and back so we we had a nice little tour.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to poke around Superfood, the best time is early afternoon during the week-like around 1230-200. The people working are still at work and the visitors are done shopping for the day. Also, I have noticed that sometime between 12 and 2 the workers must have lunch and are not stocking the shelves. Also stay away from the beginning of the month because that is when they get their pension checks. It is really quiet at the end of the month just before the checks go out in the early afternoon.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    There are things we say we are going to do but don't. Every year it changes a little. I want to go out to the place that does the glassblowing and take a class, but that hasn't happened-it's in Ayo between the Ostrich Farm and Natural Bridge. I want to check out the area we briefly stopped in near Baby Beach where the lighthouse is and explore some.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I also remember going by a colorful cemetery on our way back from Cafe 080. At the time I thought it would be interesting to walk through and read the plaques but really wasn’t sure if that would be acceptable.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have walked a bit in that cemetery. It is next to Saint Anne’s In Noord. It is very interesting and peaceful.
    I also remember going by a colorful cemetery on our way back from Cafe 080. At the time I thought it would be interesting to walk through and read the plaques but really wasn’t sure if that would be acceptable.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    When I stayed at CPVR one year, we walked around the cemetery at St. Anne’s church. We found it very interesting reading the graves. My husband and I find walking around a cemetery very interesting ( I know, weird right? ). When we were in Key West we found some interesting headstones. A few, “I told you I was sick”, “at least I know where he’s sleeping tonight”, etc. Some people have a weird sense of humor.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you interested in the glass bead-making workshop at Terrafuse, i can HIGHLY recommend it. I went on one of my first visits to Aruba and it was so much fun and very interesting. Marian is just lovely and she's very patient and a very good teacher. I was no hotter than I am sitting on the beach. The workroom is inside but she has several fans (and it's a Cunucu-style cottage so there's a cross breeze as well). Then you put your beads together outside in the shade under a lovely canopy. It was actually very soothing and while I can't retire on the beads I made, it quickly became apparent that it didn't matter how weird they turned out. For four hours I was completely relaxed and concentrating on something very different. I keep meaning to sign up for the second workshop but think I would need to take the first one over again!
    0 1