This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: Will you cancel/postpone?

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Will you cancel/postpone?

    The Delta variant is prevalent lots of place including Aruba.

    If you are planning an Aruba holiday in the next 8 weeks or so, are you still moving forward with those plans?


    Everyone needs to do what is best for them and their loved ones.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 2
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member NH Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    We’re all booked for the first two full weeks in November at the Divi Links. We’ve got travel insurance with a COVID Rider which includes trip cancellation if either the flight or the lodging portion of the trip becomes unavailable. It was more pricey than per-COVID insurance but we are determined to go. No, we are not cancelling, and not postponing: these two weeks have already been postponed from February 2021...
    1 0
     

  3. #3
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on Mark. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip.

    2 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member almaringola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are scheduled first 2 weeks of October Costa Linda , we will be going unless they shut the island. We were there in October and April both level 4 with curfews and mask mandates. I felt safe even with the high numbers . We are vaccinated . We live in CT where we have one of the highest vaccine rates in the country and they say our numbers are going up also. Its easy to go up when your below 1%.
    1 0
     

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still on the fence for trip next Friday (8/20). 4 of us travelling, 2 adults, 2 teens (3 of us are vaxxed, 1 is not). Delta variant is freaking us out. Our area here at home in PA is a hot mess, but we can control what we do and where we go (which is no where!) and who we come in contact with. More worried about travel to/from than actually being in Aruba. Have been there 3x during Covid and always felt safe. Our flight there has a connection, which means alot of folks on first flight won't be required to be tested if flying only domestic. Ugh, decisions, decisions.....it shouldn't be this stressful!
    1 0
     

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nervous about the numbers but still planning on going September 10-26. Fully vaxed so will mask where needed and just enjoy Aruba .
    1 0
     

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    All set for two weeks at Dutch Village Leave Boston on the 28th and return on September 10th. We went last September and felt reasonably safe. It's probablly just as safe in Aruba as it is in MA
    1 1
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had talked about the possibility of planning something for the end of the year but decided to hold off on Aruba. Hoping more people will get vaccinated and things will change but not holding our breaths. We do have a ten day Vegas trip booked for October. I’m starting to have second thoughts on that but at least we have flexible cancellation on everything. It’s funny it won’t bother me as much to cancel Vegas as it would cancelling an Aruba trip.

    0 2
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    2,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have canceled trip ticket refunds sitting at AA, that were do to expire on12/1, so we thought we'd go for the month of November, rather then lose them. I called AA last week and was told that they are now good until the end of March next year, so now are plans are to go for the months of February and March. By then it'll be almost two years since our last trip.







    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    We scheduled to be in Aruba from October 11-21 - our third visit this year. We stay at the Ocean Club where Covid protocols are pretty strictly adhered to. We’re also fully vaccinated although I’m now reading that the efficacy could possibly be starting to wear off. We’re still planning to go and welcome any and all rules in place to prevent the spread. My son and his family were supposed to join us in Aruba in July but he received a false positive on his arrival test and had to cancel the day before he was to leave. Probably just as well as they have a 2 year old and a 10 month old and the infection numbers began to rise just after that time.
    I’ve been paying very close attention to the daily Covid infection updates (thank you, Andrea!) and wonder how many of the tourists who have tested positive while on the island have been vaccinated? Or, is it only unvaccinated travelers who tested okay to enter or took the test in Aruba who are now catching the virus.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •