This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Toddler friendly areas to stay

Post Thanks / Like

Toddler friendly areas to stay

My husband and I are looking to travel to Aruba for the first time in the next few months. We would like to stay for 2-3months with our 18 month old. I was wondering if there is an area better suited for a family with a toddler, like maybe a beach that is more child friendly (less waves, shallow water). I would love to be close to things like grocery stores and restaurants as well. I appreciate any advice or opinions!

Thank you in advance!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Baby Beach is the best place for youngsters, we took my 18 month old grandson there and he really enjoyed it. It is at the opposite end of the island from the hotel areas. Will you be renting a house for your stay?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    pls tell us of your situation a bit..............are you interested in renting a vacation home or condo near the beach or more inland?

as Walt suggested Baby Beach is good for families.
    I will also suggest Surfside beach near the airport.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oceania condos are nice because the most of the pools are zero entry and they have sandy areas near the pools. You are right across the street from Eagle Beach. It is generally quiet and the grounds are nice and it is gated. They do have a playroom, but there isn't a whole lot in there. I have seen people take kids in there to play with what they have or just to let them run around. There are restaurants you can walk to and it isn't far from the grocery stores, but I would not walk to grocery stores, especially with a little one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our preference is to rent a home or condo near the beach but if we need to rent more inland due to price points we are open to this as well. At this point we are not even sure what area to look for this. We are a bit behind in our planning and have never traveled like this with our son. I am not really sure where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    pls tell us of your situation a bit..............are you interested in renting a vacation home or condo near the beach or more inland?

as Walt suggested Baby Beach is good for families.
    I will also suggest Surfside beach near the airport.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you have the time to go spend a week scoping out places?

as Walt suggested Baby Beach. that area is San Nicolas and it is a very inclusive neighborhood.........tons of families, many multi generational, some fancy homes, she moderate and some quite run down. San Nic is an area in Aruba that represents the real Arubans.

no place in Aruba is more than 15 minute drive to any beach.

I do like the Noord, the Malmok, the Wayacka, the Alto Vista, the Paradera neighborhoods.

Give one of the local realtors a call.

I am going to copy this thread to Moving to Aruba.....you may get some replies there too.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0