This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre or Post Timeshare. Where to Stay?

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A thing to note about the multitower hotels like Hilton is that Hilton is only using one tower (right now). Assuming they will still be at such a low occupancy in November, you could get lucky booking the lowest room category and get a better view. Ie. Rooms in bonaire and curacao tower are priced lower but since those are not open, you’d be in the main tower. Smile pretty and you may get an ocean view! LOL (joking) but obviously that is a gamble and you never know.

I would hang onto to the Holiday Inn room just in case and monitor the Hilton over time!

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually stay for full weeks at a time, but are adding a few days before and after the last few trips. I used to like staying at MVC Eagle Beach, and while I really like the place, it has gotten very expensive for what you get. The last few trips we have been staying at the Marriott Hotel. We get free nights there so why not?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    We usually stay for full weeks at a time, but are adding a few days before and after the last few trips. I used to like staying at MVC Eagle Beach, and while I really like the place, it has gotten very expensive for what you get. The last few trips we have been staying at the Marriott Hotel. We get free nights there so why not?
    We've filled in at the Stellaris before. We really like it and we also used free nights.

Post Thanks / Like
    We also stay at Costa Linda . I love the beach and the quiet atmosphere . It feels like family there and home. We usually extend at Holiday Inn to get a different feel.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The same unit we are renting for our full week is up for rent during the week before our stay when we just need 3 nights. I really want to rent it and have the same room for our entire stay but I think the owner is asking too much right now. Jon doesn't want to book another non-refundable option especially since we are in a hot state now. I reluctantly agree. The owner of the unit that is up for rent will refund if the island closes but not if we can't board due to testing positive (which I completely agree with and understand). I think we will wait until November to see if it is still available and if the price comes down any. Today we ruled out our Hilton reservation and cancelled that one. So right now, we have 3 nights at Holiday Inn prior to our Playa Linda timeshare check in. It's fully refundable up to 24 hours before we arrive. This year, that might just be the way to go.
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the HI would be fine for the 3 days. I was looking at the Hilton for this stay but couldn’t justify the fees in these times, which I think have gone up.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I think the HI would be fine for the 3 days. I was looking at the Hilton for this stay but couldn’t justify the fees in these times, which I think have gone up.
    The rates really have gone up at the Hilton. I had made a refundable reservation for a room with limited view back during the spring. I'm guessing they need to make up some of the losses.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've considered Hilton for a few days but they are wanting crazy amounts of cash and/or points. So we will stick with HI if we need to fill in and stay at Hiltons where they aren't so stupidly priced. The Hilton campus in Aruba is nice, but just not worth the amount they are asking. I remember a forum member with Hilton status saying they had booked the Hilton on points one year and were treated to a dumpster view for an incredible amount of points. Heck, even a parking lot view at the HI allows for a limited view of the beach and ocean.