This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Spotlight Jan. 7, 2021. Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

  1. #1
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Spotlight Jan. 7, 2021. Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

    Marriott's Aruba Surf Club is located on the Marriott campus in Palm Beach near Hadicurari pier. It is a timeshare resort with rooms often available for rent by owners, the resort itself and using Interval International it can be traded into.

    It features 450 rooms on 14 floors. The villas have garden, ocean and ocean front views and come in 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. There are also "lock-off" studios available.

    Amenities abound including full kitchens, washer and dryer, and garden tubs in the villas. Complimentary high speed internet, satellite TV, and DVD players are available in each room.

    There is an onsite fitness center that offers yoga classes and has locker rooms and showers.

    On the grounds the biggest feature is the Lazy River where one can float effortlessly around an island that contains hot tubs. There is also the main pool, the activity pool where the pool bar is located, two dedicated kiddie pools and an adults only serenity pool. There are also several BBQ grills, an onsite convenience store where you can also get breakfast foods, sandwiches and ice cream. The restaurant is the Captain's Galley and offers burgers, pizza, wings and wraps it is located by the pool bar. The resort is on the beach with palapas available for guests. There is a new beach bar that serves the beach.

    The staff is wonderful and very friendly and there is 24 hour security. There is ample parking, a constant taxi line, and bellmen to take care of luggage. Covid protocols are followed and enforced.

    We own a 2 bedroom villa and have stayed there over a dozen times, most stays were two weeks. We like the location on Palm Beach and the close proximity to numerous restaurants, bars and activities.

    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...b3ZlcnJpZGU%3D
    Last edited by WaltVB; 01-07-2021 at 08:55 AM.

    1 1
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    38,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that the Marriott Surf Club is the most popular timeshare resort. Is it the largest?

    Paul and I have walked the property a few times and have visited and spent time visiting Pam and Walt there.

    it is a great property.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Marriott's Aruba Surf Club is located on the Marriott campus in Palm Beach near Hadicurari pier. It is a timeshare resort with rooms often available for rent by owners, the resort itself and using Interval International it can be traded into.

    It features 450 rooms on 14 floors. The villas have garden, ocean and ocean front views and come in 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. There are also "lock-off" studios available.

    Amenities abound including full kitchens, washer and dryer, and garden tubs in the villas. Complimentary high speed internet, satellite TV, and DVD players are available in each room.

    There is an onsite fitness center that offers yoga classes and has locker rooms and showers.

    On the grounds the biggest feature is the Lazy River where one can float effortlessly around an island that contains hot tubs. There is also the main pool, the activity pool where the pool bar is located, two dedicated kiddie pools and an adults only serenity pool. There are also several BBQ grills, an onsite convenience store where you can also get breakfast foods, sandwiches and ice cream. The restaurant is the Captain's Galley and offers burgers, pizza, wings and wraps it is located by the pool bar.

    The staff is wonderful and very friendly and there is 24 hour security. There is ample parking, a constant taxi line, and bellmen to take care of luggage. Covid protocols are followed and enforced.

    We own a 2 bedroom villa and have stayed there over a dozen times, most stays were two weeks. We like the location on Palm Beach and the close proximity to numerous restaurants, bars and activities.

    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...b3ZlcnJpZGU%3D

    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    5,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Surf Club is easily my husband's favorite resort and it's up there on my list too. We have stayed in studios and a 2 bedroom there. I love the convenience of the in room laundry machines in the 1 bedroom and larger units. The rooms are updated and the linens and beds are great. The 2 bedroom is massive. The living room and kitchen are open and spacious.
    This may sound silly but something we love at the Surf Club is the rotisserie chicken dinner with salad and a side that you can get delivered to your unit. Its perfect after a long day in the sun when you just want to relax. The best part, its easily 3-4 meals and only $22.
    There are always plenty of units available for rent on Redweek.com and several Facebook groups. It is much more affordable to rent from and owner than to go through Marriott.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    2 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never stayed at the Surf club but have eaten many meals from their shop/mini food service place. The sandwiches have been great and they are soooo reasonable. I look forward to having one or 2 easy lunches from there and enjoying them under our umbrella next trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The Surf Club is easily my husband's favorite resort and it's up there on my list too. We have stayed in studios and a 2 bedroom there. I love the convenience of the in room laundry machines in the 1 bedroom and larger units. The rooms are updated and the linens and beds are great. The 2 bedroom is massive. The living room and kitchen are open and spacious.
    This may sound silly but something we love at the Surf Club is the rotisserie chicken dinner with salad and a side that you can get delivered to your unit. Its perfect after a long day in the sun when you just want to relax. The best part, its easily 3-4 meals and only $22.
    There are always plenty of units available for rent on Redweek.com and several Facebook groups. It is much more affordable to rent from and owner than to go through Marriott.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!








    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    5,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Ive never stayed at the Surf club but have eaten many meals from their shop/mini food service place. The sandwiches have been great and they are soooo reasonable. I look forward to having one or 2 easy lunches from there and enjoying them under our umbrella next trip
    I think your family would enjoy the Surf Club. Maybe one day you will check it out.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    1 1
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tracey. I do enjoy the area and the pool does look awesome, certainly will consider it for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I think your family would enjoy the Surf Club. Maybe one day you will check it out.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!








    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •