This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two radically different options for my next visit - NOVEMBER!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    and I am appreciative of your thanks....so thank you!

I will have to see where LeVent is on the map.
    I think it is near the Pearl and the hospital?
    Quote Originally Posted by ideastowords View Post
    Hi Andrea,

Looks like LaCabana is completely sold out for those dates. However, I found another really cute place at LeVent for a good value. So I might be going with that because I can stay an extra day AND it will be at least $500 cheaper than the Oceania condo. Did I mention I am grateful for your excellent advice and tips?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I also would probably opt for option 2. How far is the sanctuary from that option? We have yet to make it to the donkey sanctuary but I hear they like carrots! November is a nice time to be in Aruba. We’re usually there at that time as well.
    Hi Peg,

Robin mentioned the sanctuary is about 20 minutes away (thanks Robin!). As I mentioned earlier, I am now eyeing LeVent resort because the prices are a bit more reasonable and the condo I'm checking out is gorgeous. If we're all in Aruba in a November (I'm planning the 27th through Dec. 5) we should see if we can all do a happy hour or something I owe you guys a drink and then some for all your great advice!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I own a 2 bedroom at Oceania and love being here. It is gated and has 24 hour security. It is easy walking distance to many restaurants, has fantastic views of the beach/ocean. It is generally quiet. Three large pools with at least two of them with zero entry plus a kiddie pool. Tennis, racketball, squash and basketball. Two different fitness rooms(close at 8 pm). The bathrooms near the pool has saunas in them. Beautifully landscaped. You can watch the cruise ships come in. It is a 20 minute drive to see the donkeys. I love being here.
    Sounds wonderful Robin! Thank you for letting me know the Donkey Sanctuary is close! I appreciate that.

I am torn between a 1-bedroom at LeVent and a studio at Oceania; the prices are about the same and the location is about the same.

Thank you for the validation about Oceania!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like fun

here is LeVent on the map.

Two radically different options for my next visit - NOVEMBER!-screen-shot-2020-02-27-8-23-51-pm-jpg

It is about 1/8 mile south of Lacabana!

Hi Peg,

Robin mentioned the sanctuary is about 20 minutes away (thanks Robin!). As I mentioned earlier, I am now eyeing LeVent resort because the prices are a bit more reasonable and the condo I'm checking out is gorgeous. If we're all in Aruba in a November (I'm planning the 27th through Dec. 5) we should see if we can all do a happy hour or something I owe you guys a drink and then some for all your great advice!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Remember they moved the donkey sanctuary to a new location. Getting off track, this year we visited the Butterfly Farm and were amazed how many butterflies are flying around you. Its worth a short visit. We second Phillips animal garden and the Ostrich Farm is cool too. Good luck. The pros will here will help with where to stay.
    Have fun,
    Sean and Susan
    Oh, I looooooove the Butterfly Farm! And I will definitely have to check out Phillips animal garden and the Ostrich Farm - thanks for the tips! The pros are definitely helping! Thanks for letting me know about the Donkey Sanctuary, too.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    #2 for sure! I love Oceania.
    Thanks for the feedback, Bri!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea,

Looks like LaCabana is completely sold out for those dates. However, I found another really cute place at LeVent for a good value. So I might be going with that because I can stay an extra day AND it will be at least $500 cheaper than the Oceania condo. Did I mention I am grateful for your excellent advice and tips?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We’re usually in Aruba for Thanksgiving into the 1st week of December so definitely we could meet up for a drink.

I’m not familiar with LeVent so hopefully someone will post with more info. Let us know what resort you decide on!

Hi Peg,

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sounds like fun

here is LeVent on the map.

Two radically different options for my next visit - NOVEMBER!-screen-shot-2020-02-27-8-23-51-pm-jpg

It is about 1/8 mile south of Lacabana!
    Oh, that's a great location! I think I probably strolled by when I visited the Swiss Chalet when I last visited.

Thanks for finding it for me!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Levent is newer. It's behind MVC/Chalet Swiss. Maybe 2-3 years old.

If you found it on a site like HomeAway, and it goes to a realtor site, then go directly to the realtor site-it will be less expensive.